Interior Design | Judging Criteria
DESIGN CONCEPT 25%
- Identifies clear and impactful project concepts and problem statements.
- Displays effective and extensive research.
- Demonstrates the ability to propose relevant and effective solutions to the design challenge.
- Indicates critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Showcases originality, relevance and potential impact to users.
- Reflects human-centred values.
- Does your design successfully fulfil an innate human-need or solve a problem?
- Does your design facilitate better functionality and purpose for its inhabitants or visitors on a human scale?
- Does your design reflect ergonomic and environmental principles that sustain physical well-being?
- Does your design offer alternative perspectives and/or ways of solving problems?
- Spatial planning:Appropriate design and planning of individual spaces to suit the specific needs of the user, with an emphasis on anthropometric and ergonomic principles.
- Functionality:Design is appropriate for its intended use and has a positive impact which benefits the community and users holistically.
- Practicality:Design is fit to deliver with materials and technology readily available in the market today. It displays a high level of integration between aesthetic and practicality.
- Could your design be implemented using processes, materials and technologies available or in development today?
- Is your design a versatile one that supports people, activities and change?
- Does your design stand the test of time, from both an aesthetic and physical point of view?
DESIGN INNOVATION 15%
- Displays a high level of originality and creativity.
- Showcases the ability to deliver innovative and forward-driven interventions with the integration of technology.
- Does your design maximize or leverage tech-enabled connectivity and/or intelligence?
- Is your design original in its execution?
COLOUR USAGE 10%
- Showcases brilliant and creative use of colours.
- Showcases brilliant display of balance between colours, materials and design outputs.
- Demonstrates the use of colour for the enhancements of materials and facades etc.
SUSTAINABILITY & RELEVANCE 15%
- Demonstrates the capacity to support the needs of people and the environment in the long-term with an impactful approach. (e.g. Demonstrates climate and energy responsiveness)
- Displays an effective thought process and the use of renewable resources and life cycle throughout the development and maintenance of the design.
- Displays long-lasting design and universality.
- Does your design consist of sustainable and eco-friendly elements which help preserve the natural environment?
DELIVERY & PRESENCE 15%
- Presentation showcases a high level of clarity, creativity and interactivity.
- Presentation is cohesive and demonstrates a high level of understanding of the design challenges and solutions given, paired with appropriate visual aids, graphics and/or animations.
- Presentation focuses on both your project deliverables and design philosophy, including the journey and concept.
THEME COMPATIBILITY & FORWARD THINKING 5%
- Score based on theme compatibility, level of innovation, forward & critical thinking.
Design should convey a solution that is feasibly resulting in a positive impact to the design outcome.